The UN guide to Climate Neutrality outlines ways for people to combat global warming
1. Go for jogging in a park rather than on an electric treadmill.
2. Use a wind-up alarm clock rather than an electric one – Save 40 grams of CARBON DIOXIDE (CO2) a day.
3. Dry clothes in a washing line rather than in a dryer – Save 2.3kgs of CARBON DIOXIDE (CO2) per load.
4. Use a non electric tooth brush – Save 48gms of CARBON DIOXIDE (CO2) a day.
5. Heat bread rolls in a toaster rather than in a owen for 15 minutes – Save 170 grams of CARBON DIOXIDE (CO2) each time.
6. Take a train rather than a car for a daily commute of 8 Kms – save 1.7Kg of CARBON DIOXIDE (CO2) a day.
7. A return flight across the Atlantic is equivalent to running a car for a year for each passenger.