· Fruits are 100 percent natural food.
· They provide quick energy and can be used as a snack between meals.
· Most fruits contain a lot of moisture and are low in fat and calories. This makes fruits useful for weight watchers.
· None of the fruits contain cholesterol. They can be eaten by people with high cholesterol. However, those with high triglycerides need to control their fruit intake.
· They are rich sources of fibre, antioxidants, vitamins and mineral. Fibre helps fight constipation. Antioxidants fight free radicals, delay ageing and prevent diseases like cancer. Vitamins and minerals are useful for almost all body functions.
· Fruits contain potassium which is useful to control blood pressure. But those who have renal problem need to consult a dietitian before they eat fruits.
· Fruits make a good dessert as they are quite sweet to taste.
· Dry fruits like raisins, figs, dates, prunes etc are higher in nutrients than their fresh counterparts. Since they also give more calories, it’s wise to eat them in small quantities.