· Since they are eaten at odd hours—in between meals, after meals, before meals – establishing a regular eating pattern becomes impossible.
· They are rich in artificial preservatives, which affect the digestive system.
· Contain high levels of sodium, which is harmful for patients of high BP and heart disease.
· Difficult to digest as they are generally made of refined flour, which is not easy to pass through the digestive track.
· Most of them are rich in saturated fats and easily –absorbed carbohydrates, which contribute to obesity.
· Since they are a poor source of fibre, constant consumption leads to chronic constipation.
· If consumed regularly, may lead to deficiency diseases like arthritis, anemia, etc.
· A common reason for stomach ailments like gastritis, acidity, ulcers can be attributed to those who consume packaged foods shelved for many days.